Wednesday, April 9, 2008

For Wednesday

I hope everybody has taken this opportunity the market has given us. The opportuntiy for relaxation. Read a book, watch tv or spend time with your family. The markets will give us rational opportunities again, we just have to wait. We are at a crossroad. Remember we can't have fantastic weeks without weeks that are boring. It is better for your mind and focus if you take these weeks off. I still look at the charts a couple times a day.

I have been spending my free time on hulu.com, I recommend checking it out. Right now I am reading "Julian Robertson: A Tiger In The Land Of Bulls and Bears" by Strachman. It's a book. I don't know how to underline the title on this blog. Julian Robertson knew the man who started the first "hedged fund," his name was AW Jones and he was a research journalist. Julian Robertson is up there with George Soros. It is a great read if you are interested in understanding how these guys think and run their funds. When I say "run their funds" I mean you get to see how they manage their money: how much leverage they use, what percentage they put into different markets (equities, bonds, currencies, commodities), the size of their profit targets and stop losses. It is a nice read if you like history.

No comments: